References to “this Website” are to the specific World Scientific managed websites which links to this Policy.
- Your Personal Information obtained by this Website
- When you use this Website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personal information, such as your name, organization, or employer, postal address, email address, phone number, credit card, or other payment information and a password (where a login has been provided) (“Personal Information”). We may also collect other information, including, but not limited to, the URL you came from, IP address, your browser type, country, and telephone area code, where your computer is located and the pages of our website that you viewed.
- We collect this Personal Information in order to record and meet your requests for our products and services, and we use the Personal Information that you provide as part of our effort to keep you informed about our products and services where you have actively provided us with your consent to do so.
- Your Personal Information will remain active until you request us to no longer send you communications.
- Should you submit information through our online forms, the data may be captured using various 3rd parties, including but not limited to Google Forms, Microsoft Forms, etc and then copied to WSPC’s data systems. An email is triggered to alert WSPC staff of new entries, so details of your enquiry may be stored by our employees in our email archives.
- GDPR: Our compliance and your rights
- impose confidentiality obligations on all personnel processing relevant data;
- review our data security and integrity policies;
- maintain records of Personal Information data and processing activities;
- abide by the GDPR’s rules regarding the appointment of sub-processors such as Mailchimp
- implement procedures to assist in the compliance of the rights of data subjects (private individuals);
- You have the right to request a copy of all Personal Information data that World Scientific holds on you as an individual and it will be honored within one month from receipt.
- You have the right to request that any incorrect information held by World Scientific is updated without undue delay.
- You have the right to request that all Personal Information data relating to you is erased by World Scientific.
- You have the right to receive a copy of your Personal Information data in a structured, machine-readable format where appropriate (e.g. CSV files).
- You have the right to withdraw your consent for further processing at any time, either by opting out of future emails or by contacting us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Acceptance of terms
- consent to our collecting and processing your Personal Information in connection with the sale and distribution of our products and services.
- Use of your information
- We may use the information that you provide or that we collect for the following purposes:
- to register you with this Website, to set up and manage your World Scientific account, and to administer our products and services;
- to provide any services or information you have requested;
- to notify you about our products or special offers that may be of interest to you, customer services and profiling your purchasing preferences;
- to ensure that content from this Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- for detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other criminal activity;
- to enforce our terms and conditions of use, including carrying out security reviews to validate your identity, contact details, and financial information; or
- in any other way as described to you at the time of collection of your Personal Information.
- When you sign up for our newsletter or marketing updates, we will notify you of essential service information and any alerts you have requested. You may also, from time to time, receive information on products, services and offers available to you from World Scientific.
- If you do not want us to contact you with details of our products, services and special offers, that we think you might be interested in, please unsubscribe by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link on the email from World Scientific or by contacting us directly at email@example.com
- Disclosure of your information
- We may give information about you to the following, who may use it for the same purposes as set out above:
- to agents and employees of World Scientific to administer any accounts, products, and services provided to you now or in the future;
- to anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you;
- if we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- to third parties who will help process or administer World Scientific services such as Mailchimp
- Our website has been implemented with HTTP/2.0 website protocol which includes secure HTTPS encryption. When you submit sensitive information via this Website (such as a credit card number), the information is encrypted and is protected with the best encryption software in the industry – SSL.
- Access to and accuracy of your information
- keeping track of your current shopping session to personalize your experience and so that you may retrieve your shopping basket at any time
- enabling a service to recognize your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task
- recognizing that you may already have given a username and password so you don’t need to do it for every web page requested
- Information and Disclaimers
- External Links
- Information Posted on this Website
- We will protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access by using commercially reasonable security measures. If your Personal Information is accessed by an unauthorized third party, we will not be responsible for any direct or indirect damage caused as a result of such unauthorized access.
- Where we have given you a password which enables you to access certain parts of this Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
- Unfortunately the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to this Website. Any transmission will be at your own risk.
- Contacting us
The Website: The World Scientific website (the “Site”) is provided by World Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd., having its main place of business at 5 Toh Tuck Link, Singapore 596224, and/or its affiliates.
Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. Reproduction, transfer, distribution or storage of part or all of the contents in any form without the prior written permission of World Scientific is prohibited except in accordance with the following terms: World Scientific consents to you browsing the Site on your computer or printing copies of extracts from these pages for your personal use only and not for redistribution unless consented to in writing by World Scientific. Individual documents in the Site may be subject to additional terms indicated in those documents.
Under the GDPR 2018, World Scientific is classified as both a Data Controller and Data Processor when offering our products or services to individuals within the EU. Where we act as the data controller we are responsible for how and why your Personal Information data is processed, and for keeping records of how and when you consented (agreed) that we could do so.
All Personal Information data which you provide to World Scientific will be processed in line with the GDPR; that is we:
Your rights: As an EU-based citizen the following rights are conferred to you under the GDPR:
By using this Website or submitting information to us, you:
As a registered user, you can access your account information and make corrections or updates upon log in at any time. The accuracy of such information is solely the responsibility of the user. You may also request access to other Personal Information about you that may be held in the Service.
If you request to deactivate your account or delete your Personal Information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will endeavor to fulfill your request but some Personal Information may persist in backup copies for a certain period of time and may be retained as necessary for legitimate business purposes or to comply with our legal obligations.
When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered over the Internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your devices. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you on a personal level.
This information is used to improve services to you through the following examples:
If you do not accept cookies you will be unable to use this Website.
We use reasonable care to ensure that the information appearing on this Website is up to date and accurate. While we take precautions to prevent the occurrence of errors and omissions, the user of this Website should not take the accuracy of the information for granted, but should check directly with us. None of the material contained in this Website is to be relied upon as a statement or representation of fact. We have no control over the use to which the information may be put by you, and accordingly shall not be liable for any loss of profits or contracts, or any indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of, or in connection with, the use of such information. The statutory rights of a customer dealing with us shall remain unaffected.
The World Scientific website contains links to other websites, which may or may not have connections to World Scientific. Please note that World Scientific is not responsible for the data protection practices of other websites.
Any material or information posted or sent to this Website by any means will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary, and may be disseminated or stored or used by us for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products and services.
Do not post or transmit to or from this Website any unlawful, threatening, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane material or any other material which could give rise to any civil or criminal liability in the territory to which this Website relates.
World Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
5 Toh Tuck Link, Singapore 596224
Email of Data Protection Officer: email@example.com